Cannabis Education & Speaking Engagements
With October 17 looming in the imminent distance, all Canadians could stand to learn more about cannabis.
CannaWrite is offering community organizations, parenting groups, teachers, health professionals, universities, schools, and other suitable organizations within the South-Western Ontario region the following presentation:
Cannabis has forever been under the stigmas associated with the "lazy stoner", and with legalization of recreational cannabis looming, some Canadian citizens are concerned about what legal cannabis will mean for their lives and communities.
"Unlearning Cannabis" represents a commitment to discard everything you once knew about cannabis, in order to replace it with more accurate information about the cannabis plant, its uses, and what legalization means for Canadians.
Presentation topics include:
- Origins of cannabis prohibition in Canada;
- The Cannabis Plant 101
- Medical Uses of Cannabis: Research and Case Studies
- Recreational Cannabis: History in U.S. States & Canada's Cannabis Act
- Benefits of cannabis on adults
- Potential threats of cannabis for adults, teens, and children
- Safe cannabis consumption
- Learning from past mistakes with controlled substances
- Mindful cannabis use
- Talking to your teenager, colleagues or peers about cannabis
This isn't the same as the V.I.P. presentations that children received in school that urged them to "say no to drugs". This is an unbiased glance at cannabis and what it means for our communities and our countries.
Participants of this 1.5 hour session will be able to:
- Understand the various parts of the cannabis plant;
- Recognize different available products, methods of consumption;
- Understand safe consumption and dosage;
- Use tools to have powerful and meaningful discussions about cannabis with others
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to access information about this presentation and how CannaWrite can help increase the literacy on cannabis of your group.